“Transport Project Implementation Organization” SNCO
“Transport Project Implementation Organization” SNCO (hereinafter: the Organization) was established by the Decree No 1304-A of the Government of the Republic of Armenia as of 15 December 2016 through reorganizing and merging of “Transport Projects Implementation Unit” State Institution and “North-South Road Corridor Investment Program Implementation Organization” State Non-Governmental Organization. The Organization is considered to be the legal successor of “Transport Projects Implementation Unit” State Institution and “North-South Road Corridor Investment Program Implementation Organization” State Non-Governmental Organization.
The main scope and goals of the Organization are to ensure effective implementation of projects in transport sphere of the Republic of Armenia.
The principal spheres of the Organization’s activities shall be projects and activities designed by financial means provided by the foreign states and international donor organizations to the Republic of Armenia (hereinafter: the Project) on transport-related field capital and development programs (State Budget of the Republic of Armenia), including implementation of works under “North-South Road Corridor Investment Program” and Upgrading Program of South Corridor, approved by the Government of the Republic of Armenia and developed by the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infastructure of the Republic of Armenia.
The goals and main functions of the Organization are as follows:
- Selection of projects pretending to funding under separate tranches.
- Procurement planning and execution.
- Review and no-objection of civil works designs.
- Project financial management, including operation of the Project accounting.
- Monitoring and reporting of separate projects.
- Support for implementation of environmental and social safeguards measures.
- Monitoring and reporting of the Project and its outcomes.
- Supervision over the design and civil works implementation.
- Project effective management.
- Introduction and management of operation and maintenance models, including performance-based contracts under Public-Private Partnership.
Acting General Director of the Organization is Christine Ghalechyan.
See in Armenian.Read more
Some specialists of the "Transport Project Implementation Organization" SNCO were awarded by Mr. Suren Papikyan, Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure of RA for their contribution to the road construction projects.Read more